Monday, June 09, 2008

The 5/3 River Bank Run 2008!


I had a big first this year... the 5/3 River Bank Run on May 10!!!
I accomplished my first goal: running (albeit slowly at times) the whole 25K (15.5 miles). To top it off, I surpassed my goal of finishing in 2 1/2 hours, by quite a bit: my official chip time was 2:15:32!!!
Now, here's to joining the 2 hour club next year!

Thanks to Tina for being a great training buddy... I'm so glad we did it together!
Thanks to Kristal for being our cheerleader and photographer!

The top photo is of me with my friends, Tina (L) and Naomi,
who both did a great job in the Race too!

Above is the view from our hotel window the morning of the race... we had gorgeous sunshine streaming in and a perfect view of the gathering crowds and the start of the 10K race... it was very exciting!

Below is the picture Kristal managed to snap as I neared the finish line... I swear, I'm RUNning! It just doesn't really look like it...Next race: Chicago Marathon, October 12, 2008!!!!
Oh my.

1 comment:

Em said...

Tasha, this is so awesome!! Good for you!! And I have high hopes for you and the Chicago Marathon. You can do it!!