Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Another day. Another run.

Tuesday update: Battling a little fatigue the last couple of days. Usually I'm able to readjust to my weekday schedule by today, but this week I'm still struggling. I was able to enjoy a late breakfast with my parents and my Uncle Kees and Aunt Pam, who are visiting from Toronto. They walked with me to the running store, and the owner enthusiastically fitted me with the latest model of my favorite shoe, the Mizuno Wave Elixir. (He's right... it IS lighter!) I sat down at the computer to edit a few more pictures when I got back home and could barely keep my eyes open! I made the decision to skip my run today, felt okay about it... and then I got the bug. It's difficult to explain, this feeling. But I'm glad that I can still find fulfillment in the running, despite the hard times. Glad there is still enjoyment in it.




I made it a short run, 5 miles, and tried to push my speed. I ran hard through the first 5K, and made it in about 23 minutes, despite the hills. I'm looking forward to the Race for the Cure 5K this Saturday, and it looks like the weather is going to be great!

So, I'm glad I stuck it out... it's always better that way.

Thanks for sticking it out with me.

No comments: