Monday, September 29, 2008

It had to come eventually.

It's official. Fall is here.

Monday update: I ran this morning because I saw that rain was in the forecast. It was downright chilly... the clouds and wind added to the effect. There were a total of two cars at the city beach, and very few walkers on the pier. The crunchy fallen leaves are beginning to cover the sidewalk, and the squirrels are out in a frenzy.





It was, however, a good run. I'm still enjoying the taper... only 13 days until the Marathon.

I found a fun tidbit in the brochure that came with my confirmation for the race... family and friends can "track" my progress on Race Day. If you're interested, click HERE and follow the directions to Online Runner Tracking. You can enter my name and then either your e-mail address or mobile phone number to receive periodic updates as I pass certain checkpoints along the course (10K, half, 30K and finish). It'll be almost like you're right there, cheering me on!

My very own cheering section... I love it!

Thanks for your support and thoughts everyone. I'm feeling a little better today, wondering if it was mostly the fatigue and dehydration of working and racing this weekend. Otherwise, I'm just hoping to heal and be in tip top shape by October 12!

Until tomorrow...

No comments: