Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Five Days To Go.

This is really going to happen.

Tuesday update: I didn't make it out for a run yesterday. I took a day of recuperation. No particular reason or strategy behind it, but I hope it all adds up to success in the end!




I ran into The Rollerblader again today. It was a sign of the times (or perhaps just the weather)... he was bundled in full pants, a jacket, a hat, gloves, in addition to his normal protective gear. We exchanged greetings and I shared with him that "my" marathon is this weekend... when we passed each other again later, each going in the opposite direction, he offered some sage advice, "Whatever you do in your marathon, HAVE FUN!"

I'll have to remember that when I reach the point that each step becomes difficult. Have fun. I hope to try!

In preparation for the chilly morning we'll have before the start, I purchased some gloves and a head band this afternoon. The gloves are cheap, and I will most likely just toss them when I start to heat up. The head band was not... I'm hoping I can pull it down around my neck and that it won't be too irritating. Otherwise, I might not wear it at all. I'll be sporting my World Vision racing shirt... so proud to have been supporting a great cause all along. My new shoes are feeling great. Stopped at Running Circles for a couple more gels. So many last minutes preparations... but it's all coming together!

No comments: