Friday, September 26, 2008

Time Flies.

Where did this week go?

Friday update: The days move too quickly... or my sense of time is skewed! Another week has passed me by, and it's back-to-work tonight. I'm glad to have been keeping these updates. I think it has helped me to prepare for the race and given each passing day more clarity than before. When the facts are laid out before me (whether or not anyone else has glimpsed these muddied reflections) , I can absorb the reality of the quickly approaching deadline. Soon the race will be days, not weeks, away.




I had a very nice run today. Promised myself to take it easy, considering that there will be no sleep, and virtually no rest between now and the Race for the Cure tomorrow morning. We have not quite met our team fundraising goal yet. If anyone would like to chip in, click on the link above. Your support is genuinely appreciated!

It is another gorgeous day. Hot. Lots of folks strolling the boardwalk. I saw my one-legged friend... he was at the end of the pier today. He said, "How are you today, sweetheart?" Awww... does he know what a sucker I am for terms of endearment? Thank you, God, for two strong legs, a beating heart, two good lungs, and the will to run...

No comments: